The Cops & Clergy Network provides the following services:
- Chapter development services
- Community liaison and relationship consulting services
- Coordination services for Faith based and civic partnerships development
- Relationship and sensitivity training for faith communities and government entities
- Need assessment services
The Target Area: CCN employs strategies that works with faith based groups, community based groups, police departments, local government, county government and other government groups and departments. Either of these groups can be an initiator group.
Through the help of family and neighborhood organizations we are able to obtain tutors and mentors that help guide the children through everyday life. We have programs that include day trips to the community center where the children can swim, play basketball and participate in other activities.
All of the programs help to keep our children in a positive atmosphere and helps them understand important values that are needed to lead successful lives.
- Dr. Felix Roger Jones III, President
- Ms. Lisa Marie Ruiz, Treasurer
- Dr. Donald Wallace, Assistant Treasurer
- Ms. Phyllis Marie Jones, Secretary
- Chief of Police Frank Coe, Member
- Parole Officer Don Thomas Davis, Member
- Lt. Sheila Davis, CO
- Dr. Craig Turley, Member
- Chief of Police James R. Bueermann
- District Attorney Michael Ramos
- Dr. William Bean
Cops & Clergy NetworkThe Cops & Clergy Network was founded in Redlands, CA in 1982. The purpose of Cops & Clergy is to break down barriers that hinders communication between law enforcement agencies and the community at-large, and to promote collaboration in solving community problems unresponsive to more traditional approaches attempted by law enforcement agencies and community organizations acting alone.
Philosophy and System
Philosophy and System
The cops and clergy network is both a philosophy and a system.
Partnerships are built upon relationships. Further, effective and enduring partnerships are maintained through sustained and strong value driven relationships.
The system is comprised of a threefold link:
- The clergy component is both co-initiator; and a morals and values driven entity
- The cops (government) component is both co-initiator; and a police and mobilization based entity
- The service component is the results oriented and service delivery entity (ies)
The police (government) perspective is that it can fully buy-in to the CCN because when services are delivered the results will reduce crime. Reduced crime enables the government to fulfill its mission and reach it goal in being guardians over a safer community and nation.
The clergy (faith community) perspective is that it can fully buy-in to the CCN because it can influence human beings, those created in Gods image, by invoking and instilling Godly morals and values. These values and morals will bring about changes in individuals behavior resulting in better neighbors, friends, citizens and collectively healthy communities.
The service (faith based, community based, public and government) organizations are allowed and enabled to successfully perform their mission. Thereby creating satisfied and motivated service organizations, which meets the needs of its community.