The Cops & Clergy Network provides the following services:
- Chapter development services
- Community liaison and relationship consulting services
- Coordination services for Faith based and civic partnerships development
- Relationship and sensitivity training for faith communities and government entities
- Need assessment services
The Target Area: CCN employs strategies that works with faith based groups, community based groups, police departments, local government, county government and other government groups and departments. Either of these groups can be an initiator group.
Through the help of family and neighborhood organizations we are able to obtain tutors and mentors that help guide the children through everyday life. We have programs that include day trips to the community center where the children can swim, play basketball and participate in other activities.
All of the programs help to keep our children in a positive atmosphere and helps them understand important values that are needed to lead successful lives.
- Dr. Felix Roger Jones III, President
- Ms. Lisa Marie Ruiz, Treasurer
- Dr. Donald Wallace, Assistant Treasurer
- Ms. Phyllis Marie Jones, Secretary
- Chief of Police Frank Coe, Member
- Parole Officer Don Thomas Davis, Member
- Lt. Sheila Davis, CO
- Dr. Craig Turley, Member
- Chief of Police James R. Bueermann
- District Attorney Michael Ramos
- Dr. William Bean
Member Benefits1. Assistance in forming a local general chapter as an entity of CCN Inc. or as an affiliate chapter of CCN Inc. (semi-independent entity which has a board). CCN provides assistance in the following: formation of a board, selection of board members, officers, and establishing duties, responsibilities, etc. Further, provides assistance in organizing as a tax exempt, nonprofit (e.g.- assistance with Articles of Incorporation, By-Laws, 501(c)(3), EIN and DUNS numbers, etc.)
2. Assistance in developing local programs and initiatives which may be of interest to other local chapters including authoring a “How We Do It” page on the CCN Inc. website or preparing a workshop for presentation at a Faith and Justice Summit.
3. Ability to participate in the planning and operation of local and regional Faith and Justice Summits.
4. Ability to submit abstracts for proposed workshops at Faith and Justice Summits and to put-on a workshop if the abstract is accepted.
5. Ability to host local and/or regional Annual Faith & Justice Summits.
6. Inclusion in the Roster of Local Chapters including local officers and contact in-formation on the Cops and Clergy website. If a local chapter has a website, a link to that site can be included, or if a chapter has a large amount of information it wants to share with other chapters, it can be given its own page on the CCN Inc. website i.e. a “web presence” at no cost including an e-mail address
7. Inclusion on the mailing list for the CCN Inc. newsletter and the inclusion of local chapter news submitted to the editor of the CCN Inc. newsletter.
8. Assistance in developing a local chapter newsletter.
9. Ability to participate in discussion threads, moderated chat, and live on-line meetings/web casts (when implemented)
10. Access to annotated web links on how to write grants, what grants are avail-able, library of successful grant applications, what to do after receiving a grant (grant management), serving as a fiduciary agent, etc.
11. Assistance with fund raising – corporate sponsorships, etc.
12. Access to recommendations on useful publication, videos, etc. (including direct links to Amazon.com), to our “Useful Links” page, to free downloads, etc.
13. Ability to purchase official Cops and Clergy Inc. merchandise – shirts, jackets, caps, and visors, etc. and assistance in purchasing official merchandise for local chapters.
14. Access to on-site workshops taught by CCN Inc. staff on how to implement programs sponsored by CCN Inc. – e.g. Pastor’s Presence, Victims of Violence, child and teen mentoring, law enforcement ride along, disaster planning, court ordered educations programs such as anger management, tobacco, alcohol, and drug awareness programs, victims awareness and victims rights, and many more.